Grace is a journey, not an event... So come walk with me...

Grace is a journey, not an event... So come walk with me through this story...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Keith

        Two week ago I was at our site in Newark and got into a conversation with a man named Keith.  Like many conversations that I've had on the street the story unfolded more and more the deeper I went with Keith.  He originally said he needed help with his alcoholism.  As time went on he revealed to me that it was his destructive relationship that caused him to drink (to the point where he said the doctor told him he's starting to develop spots on his liver).  After about an hour of counseling and encouraging him to take a step of faith and walk away from the destructive patterns in his life we prayed.  As I was praying Keith embraced me and began to weep, longing for freedom and healing.
         Just last night as we were setting up for our Friday night outreach Keith showed up.  Although he was visibly upset he had a peace in his voice as he shared with me that he had ended his destructive relationship and that he wanted to get his life back in order.  As we talked over the next half hour Keith told me that although he was hurting, just the ability to talk to me and share his struggles gave him a peace that he was making the right move. I was then able to help him find different places where he could possibly find employment.  After we prayed for continued strength and healingI asked him if he would object to having others pray for him as well, emphatically he agreed.  
        Please pray for Keith that God would open the doors and give him hope, healing, strength, and steady employment in this pivotal transition in his life.
 

4 comments:

  1. Great story. Glad you were out there on the streets when Keith needed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply awesome. I will pray for Keith, as well for any others that God would have you cross paths with in His pursuit of these lost and precious people. I'm proud of you, Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the Gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...what is the next story, now that you are on the staff for good??!!? You can't leave us hanging!!

    ReplyDelete