Grace is a journey, not an event... So come walk with me...

Grace is a journey, not an event... So come walk with me through this story...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT

As many may know in recent months God has completely turned my plans upside down.  Had you asked me in mid-August what I would be doing in November, I anticipated that by now I would be to be transitioning up to Vermont to work on a church plant, but the Master had other plans.
       For the past two years I have volunteered and interned with an urban missions organization called New York City Relief. An organization whose function is to serve and connect those on the streets in New York City and New Jersey with the spiritual and physical resources they need.  Throughout my time serving with the ministry I’ve seen lives changed and healed. I’ve become friends with the homeless, prostitutes, HIV victims, unemployed, addicts, alcoholics, angry, lonely, and lost.  For two years now, the passion in my heart to see healing and reconciliation amongst the poor has grown steadily.  A few months ago, while planning my move, I was made aware of a position that had opened up in the organization and was asked to pray about possibly applying.  Almost immediately there was an undeniable tug on my heart.  Over the next few weeks I prayed, thought, and sought out wisdom from mentors.  After much prayer and consideration I decided to apply.  I am excited to announce that I have officially been accepted into the organization and am in transition to join the outreach team.  Like many missionaries, I must first raise my own support before I can begin the work.
        Currently I am putting together a team of ministry partners.  If you and your family are willing I would love to talk and share the vision that God has put on my heart for the poor, as well as some of the financial needs that accompany this position.  I look forward to sharing some of my personal experiences with the ministry and perhaps giving you an opportunity to work with me on the street for a day to gain a better understanding of what we do.  I cannot fully express my excitement just in this post and I look forward sharing more soon.  Below is the link to our website.  I would encourage you to take a look and check out the work I’ll be doing on the streets of NYC.                                            
Grace & Peace…

http://www.reliefbus.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment