Grace is a journey, not an event... So come walk with me...

Grace is a journey, not an event... So come walk with me through this story...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happenings in Newark


Although my primary mission has been fund raising I have been keeping myself busy our team in Newark.  About a month ago Dell (pictured above) and her sister Lisa came to the Relief Bus during our Friday night outreach in hopes of getting into detox/rehab to begin the process of attaining healing from their heroin addictions.  The following Wednesday I was in Newark at 5:45AM (yes it was painful) picking up Lisa to drop her off at detox, while Tony (also pictured above) dropped Dell off at a different detox.  Upon successful completion of detox for the sisters I’m excited to say that both are now in rehab breaking the addiction cycle and working towards hope and healing.
            As I get closer and closer towards reaching my goal it excites me to think that I’ll be helping more like Lisa and Dell find the help they need to begin their restoration, healing, and recovery.  If you or your family hasn’t done so already, I would encourage you to talk and pray about partnering with me.  If you’re interested in meeting with me to discuss this, or if you are interested in volunteering with me for the day to get a feel for what I’ll be doing, please do not hesitate to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog Lance! Glad to have you coming on board our team at New York City Relief. I encourage everyone reading this blog to help Lance help the homeless in NYC by becoming a monthly financial partner.

    Juan Galloway
    Executive Director

    ReplyDelete